Address: Ikarou Avenue, Heraklion
The derelict flour mill of Kastrinakis is located within the Municipal Parking of Heraklion and has been declared as a protected monument since 1997, awaiting patiently for its restoration. The land was purchased by Nikolaos Kastrinakis in 1896 and in 1904 he built the initial flour mill and the furnaces.
In 1927 the mill was modernized by converting it to a roller mill. In 1953, warehouses and a mill for grounding cattle feed were attached. The factory however was unable to follow the dizzying technological development of the 20th century and declared bankruptcy in 1976 after feeding the Cretans with flour for almost 80 years.