Miliaras Building

Efkafi

Efkafi
(0 votes)

Evans Street, 24

Τhis building at 24 Evens Str. was erected in 1878 to house the Efkafi, the branch of the Ottoman bureaucracy responsible for all buildings dedicated to charitable foundations.

It is a wood and stone building with a roof in three sections. The main entrance is set back in a recess in the wall. There are eight arched thresholds on the ground floor, with an equal number of pilasters above. The wide variety of architectural features employed includes cornices with cyma moulding, pilasters, capitals of various types and parapets embellished with rosettes.

Find nearby hotels

Additional Info

  • Location: Heraklion Prefecture

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net