Address: Averof Avenue and Zografou Street (corner), Heraklion
Here we meet an important sample of later Neoclassicism in Heraklion built in 1907 belonging to Chatzidakis family. The building is known as French School because it housed the French Institute of Heraklion in the past. The floor plans are very similar to another well-known building of Crete, the villa of Koundouros at Chania.
It has two floors with a basement and it is roofed with tiles. Its facade is carefully formed, while the other sides are rather undorned. Special attention was given to the formation of the middle part of the main facade, where both on the ground and on the first floor there is an architrave with Doric and Ionic columns accordingly, while its end is crowned by a pediment.