The church of Saint George (Agios Georgios) is located in the village Kouneni (current formal name of the village is Vathi) and belongs to the architectural type of the single-nave arched roofed temple. The side antennas are adorned with blind arches, while the semicircular arch has been collapsed and rebuilt. A tooth strap surrounds the exterior walls of the arch of the sanctuary.
Inside the church bears fresco decoration of 1284 painted by a folklore hagiographer following the tradition of the 12th century. The pictorial program includes scenes of the evangelical circle in the arch, upright saints lower on the walls and scenes with saint in a medallion in the middle of the wall. In the sanctuary, the type of Panagia Platytera is depicted in the quadrangle and in the semicircular co-officiating hierarchs before Melismos.