Church of Panagia

Mavridiani

Church of Panagia Mavridiani
(1 Vote)

The church of Panagia Mavridiani is located at position Sohora by Meronas village. It is a double aisled basilica dedicated to the Birth of Virgin Mary and Saints Constantine and Helen. The south aisle dates back from the 13th century, while the second was added in the 16th century. The walls bear some traces of frescoes, mainly dating back from the 15th century.

hotels booking Crete

Additional Info

  • Location: Rethymnon Prefecture
  • Type: Church
  • Peak Period: Venetian Era (1204 AD - 1669 AD)
  • Accessibility: Dirt track

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net