The double-aisled church of St. Nicholas and St. Anne is located at the village Elenes. The aisled of Saint Nicholas bears frescoes dating back from the 13th century, although an inscription tells 1609. The aisle of St Anne bears new frescoes.
Christ Church ruins
Only a few people know that at a short distance from Agios Nikolaos there was a second Byzantine church. About one hundred meters from Agios Nikolaos, in the village cemetery, still stands a part of the Byzantine church of the Transfiguration of Christ. The church was a very important one-aisled temple of the Late Byzantine period. What remains today is a section of the northern wall of the church and part of the sanctuary cylinder. We can even today still distinguish tiny parts of the frescoes that once covered the whole temple. A niche on the north wall plays the role of a storing cabinet with the icon of the Transfiguration of Christ.