Priuli Fountain or Fontana Nuova is located at Delimarkou Street, behind the Bodossakio School and opposite the Venetian gate of Dermatas. It was built near the end of the great siege of Candia (1648-1669), after the Ottoman besiegers interrupted the water supply from the aqueduct of Morozini that carried water from Youchtas springs.
The Venetian General Captain Antonio Priuli identified a vein of fresh water inside the walls of Heraklion and built the fountain. It is decorated with four columns and Corinthian pilasters, based on a triangular pediment. On either side of the columns there are niches, the panels of which bear elaborate relief decorations.