The Historical store of Litsardakis

Bon Marché

Bon Marché
(1 Vote)

The building at 8 Agiou Mina Str was a drapery shop owned by Hussein Muharem Litsardakis. Built of stone and wood with a tiled timbered roof, it was erected in the closing years of Ottoman rule and inaugurated in 1892.

The facade is of particular interest, as is the sachnisi (upper floor projection), which features an arched central opening flanked by two shallow niches. The interior has an atrium with an elaborately carved wooden screen.

Find nearby hotels

Additional Info

  • Location: Heraklion Prefecture

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs