The very old monastery of Saints Constantine and Helen (Agioi Konstantinos & Eleni) is built at the entrance of the village Dories near Neapolis, at an altitude of 480m. The monastery is no longer inhabited, but the church is used by the parish of the village Dories.
The monastery is surrounded by dense olive groves and vineyards, while next to it there are several high cypress trees. The church is double-aisled, with the one aisle dedicated to the Saints Constantine and Helen, while the second aisle is dedicated to the Holy Cross (Timios Stavros).
Of particular interest are the very rich wooden iconostasis, the stone reliefs and some Byzantine and post Byzantine icons of the church, such as the two-faced image of Panagia Odigitria and the Crucifixion (late 14th or early 15th century), the Crucifixion of 1673, of Christ the High Priest and the Three Holy Hierarchs.
Next to the temple there are the old cells and the stable, which now serve as warehouses and the entrance consisting of two old consecutive gates. It is also worth seeing the restored vaulted hall of the monastery.
- 961-1204: The monastery is founded, not known exactly when.
- 1635: The monastery is mentioned to be inhabited by the monk Artemios Fouskis, who was set by the Duke (the Venetian ruler of Crete).
- Ottoman Era: The monks get involved in the struggle of the Cretans for Liberation.
- 1881: The monastery is inhabited by two monks and four other residents.