The monastery of Panagia Kyrapolitissa, Kerapolitissa or Kardiotissa is located very close to the villages Kastelli and Fourni, about 7km north of Neapolis. Currently, only the church operates, like in the nearby old nunnery of Kalogrades.
The church of the old male monastery is dedicated to the birth of Virgin Mary and celebrates on September 8. The monastery is surrounded by the ruins of the Venetian monk cells, water tanks and the lately restored elementary school, which became famous at the end of the Ottoman Empire and later in Lassithi prefecture.
- 1614: The monk Ioannikios Patsoudis founds the monastery and names it Kyria Kardiotissa.
- 1618: The monastery is granted to the monastery of Areti
- 1628: The monastery is granted to the monastery of Kardamoutsa
- 1642: The Monastery returns to the hands of Monastery Areti and gets known as Panagia Kerapolitissa.
- 1848: The monastery is granted to the local residents. The elementary school of Kerapolitissa starts its operation and is the first school in the area.
- 19th century: The church of Panagia is renovated
- 1939: The elementary school stops its operation
- 2005: The 13th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities starts the renovation of the school.