The Monastery of the Transfiguration of Lord Christ (Afendis Christos) in Keramos area, near Fourni village, is built inside a beautiful grove of cypress and pine trees in an otherwise dry region. Today the monastery is not inhabited and most of its buildings are deserted and ruined. The monastery was quite large, its buildings were two-storey and with high ceilings and was surrounded by defensive wall.
The temple of the Lord Christ is preserved in good condition and celebrates on August 6. At the entrance there is an inscription with the date 1644. It is worth observing the wooden iconostasis (templon) of the 17th century, depicting Adam and Eve next to the tree of Knowledge and after leaving Eden.
- 1615: The family Katsaras founds the Monastery of the Transfiguration and sets as term that the monastery will always be run by a descendant of the family.
- 1881: The monastery has three monks and four other residents.