The deserted monastery of St. John the Baptist (celebr. August 29) is located at position Skouras above Elounda lagoon. The temple is a renovated single-aisled, arched basilica next to the ruins of the monk cells, a water tank and a two-storey 19th century building with a stable on the ground floor. The foundation of the monastery is placed before 1575. In 1617 it became a dependency of the nearby Areti monastery.