The Monastery of the Transfiguration of Christ in Nispitas area, is located 4km southwest of Neapolis. The monastery was deserted during the Turkish Occupation of Crete and only the church has survived until today. Around the chapel there are some ruins of the old monastery complex.
The monastery, celebrating on August 6, was built during the Venetian Era (probably after 1553) next to the the village of Nispita. The church is arch-vaulted and is supported by struts. The walls of the church are covered with some amazing stone carvong, typical of the Venetian chronicles. Moreover, the frescoes of the church did not survive the Turkish Era, but they are mentioned in very old documents.