Church of St John and Holy Trinity

Pantanassa

Church of St John and Holy Trinity at Pantanassa
(1 Vote)

At the cemetery of the village Pantanassa in province Amari, Rethymnon, we meet the impressive double aisled temple dedicated to Saint John the Baptist and the Holy Trinity. The temple was built in 1645 and its owner was Manolis Vlastos. The doors bear really interesting Gothic elements, while its interior preserves an arcosol (a type of tomb) dating back to 1594, probably belonging to a member of the Vlastos family.

hotels booking Crete

Additional Info

  • Prefecture: Rethymnon
  • Type: Church
  • Peak Period: Venetian Era (1204 AD - 1669 AD)
  • Accessibility: Paved road

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net