Near the abandoned settlement of Frathias and at the position of Ontades or Exo Frathias, we meet a church that is dedicated to Agios Ioannis (Saint John). The numerous buildings around it suggest that it was once a monastery. The present church was built in the 1990s on the site of the ruined church and was dedicated to Saint John.
Next to the church there is a two-storey complex with large rooms, good masonry, oven and stairs. The complex on the east side is high and has the shape of a tower. West and south of the church there are remnants of other buildings and water tanks. These could consist a monastic complex which is no longer inhabited.
The place is mentioned in a document of 1749 as a monastery of the nearby Xera Xyla monastery with an exact description of the facilities and great fortune. According to this document, the region passed into Xera Xyla since 1700 to 1710.