At the abandoned settlement of Frathias, known as Mesa Frathia, near the monastery of Saint George at Xera Xyla, there is the church of Saint John (Agios Ioannis), which for once was the temple of a small monastery.
The church is single-nave, arched and at the entrance there is an inscription with the date 1590. Around the central temple there are several ruined buildings and monk cells. East of the church, next to the cells there are remains of a gate, built in 1906 by the monks of the monastery of Xera Xyla.
The site of the monastery seems to be delimited by the cells, the entrance and the ruined surrounding walls. In the surrounding area west of the temple there are graves and two ovens. The monastery was mentioned in 1832 as dependence of the monastery of Xera Xyla.