At position Gaidourofas, at an altitude of 900 meters, near Anatoli village, the archaeologists have revealed the traces of an imposing postminoan villa (1600 BC -1450 BC). The building had two floors and the walls are preserved to a height of 2m. There were found big jars and a crypt with pillars (Minoan sanctuary). Among the most important finds was a bronze ax.
The site was detected by sir Arthur Evans (the archaeologist of Minos Palace at Knossos) in 1898, but the first systematic excavations started in 2012. The mansion is believed to have served as the administrative center of the region. It is reminiscent of Zominthos mansion, which served as the administrative coordinating center of the mountainous production of Psiloritis Range. From Gaidourofas, the Minoans apparently coordinated the production of livestock products, honey, resin and wood of South Dikti Range.