The most important of the several tombs found in the surrounding area of Apodoulou is sited at position Sopotakia and has an aisle of 7 meters and a chamber of diameter 3.10 meters. Within the tomb three urns were found (1380-1200 BC).
The tomb is located in the north end of the village, on the side of the road and very close to the Minoan settlement of Apodoulou and the Byzantine church of Agios Georgios Xififoros with the amazing frescoes.
Like all vaulted tombs from the Minoan era it is built with stone without binding material that forms a dome. In the same way, centuries later, mitata (primitive mountain shelters) were built by the shepherds of Psiloritis.
The visitor can enter in the tomb through a narrow aisle. The tomb interior is currently empty. After visiting the grave and the wonderful church of Saint George Xififoros it is worth walking in the village Apodoulou which hides many treasures for the visitor. Some attractions are the very old stone fountain of the village, the mansion of Lady Hanes and the remains of the Minoan settlement.