The Church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) in the center of the small village Agia Paraskevi in the province Amari is an arched and single aisle temple dedicated to the Dormition of Theotokos (feast. August 15th). It is the oldest temple of the village, even older than the church of Saint Paraskevi which gives its name to the village. According to the inscription at the entrance, the church was built in 1516 at the expense of the family of Georgios Varouchas.
Inside there are frescoes associated with the Cretan School of Hagiography from the second quarter of the 16th century. The fresco program includes regular scenes of the Mariological and Evangelical circles in the arch and some scenes of hierarchs and Panagia Platytera in the arch of the sanctuary and Evangelism in the drum.