The church of Panagia Kardiotissa is located at position Livada or Arkolio, south of Fourfouras, and operated as a small nunnery. Today we see the temple devoted to Birth of the Virgin and there are some traces and from the nun cells. The interior of the church bears traces of frescoes of the 15th century, of which stand out the depictions of Saint George and the Second Coming.
The places hosts graves of Andredakis family, among them George Andredakis, Vice-President of the Greek Parliament in 1913. What makes the monastery however famous is the story of a nun called Mariam (her tomb is located out of the sanctuary of the temple), who according to church tradition saw from this place a strange light in the opposite mountain that led her to the discovery of the icon of Christ's Transfiguration. This led to the founding of the famous monastery of Kaloeidena near Ano Meros.