Church of Panagia

Astraki

Panagia Church at Kato Astraki
(1 Vote)

The Church of Panagia (Our Lady) at the ruined village of Kato Astraki is a single-aisled 16th century church which bears traces of frescoes. Also on the west side there is a coat of arms depicting a double-headed eagle with the date 1555. Inside the church we see a tomb with a coat of arms on it (possibly from Kallergis family).

Find nearby hotels

Additional Info

  • Location: Heraklion Prefecture
  • Type: Church
  • Peak Period: Venetian Era (1204 AD - 1669 AD)
  • Accessibility: Dirt track

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net