The church of Panagia Sourouthiani or Sirothiani is located in the outskirts of the village Alikambos in the province of Apokoronas, very close to a spring with fresh water. It is a small single-nave church dedicated to the Dormition of Theotokos (celebr. of August 15th) and is externally decorated with round ceramics called pinakia.
The interior contains frescoes of 1316, signed by one of the most famous painters of western Crete, Ioannis Pagomenos. The iconographic program includes scenes of the evangelical cycle in the arch and saints in the lower zones. The drum on the west wall depicts the Dormition of the Virgin, while the side walls depict the enthroned Virgin Mary and Christ. Low, in the representation of Saint George, we see the nun Martha. In the eastern part of the church there are frescoes belonging to a second unknown hagiographer of the 13th century.