At the wider area of Vamos, at the side of the Venetian village Karydi Kartsomado and within close distance from the monastery of Saint George (Agios Georgios) at Karydi, we meet the ruins of the small abandoned monastery of Panagia at position Katomeri.
The monastery was founded in the 13th century and only the single-aisle temple survives, with amazing frescoes dedicated to the Dormition of Mary (Koimisis). Around the church we can see the ruined monk cells and other rooms of the small monastery.
The interior of the church bears frescoes of 1290, according to a founding inscription, belonging to a folk painter who follows the hagiographic standards of the 12th century. The murals include ordinary scenes of the evangelical cycle in the arch, standing saints in low zones and sinners on the depiction of the Second Coming.