In a lush green ravine formed between Analipsis and Pefki we meet the former monastery of St. George of Samakidis. The church celebrates on November 3rd and is built in a cave.
According to tradition, in 1471 Joseph Samakidis, who lived in the monastery of Panagia Kera by village Pilalimata left his monastery due to pirate raid. He moved to west, when suddenly his horse stopped still at the point where there were ruins of a small former hermitage and a spring. Joseph perceived this as a divine sign and decided to build a monastery there. Indeed many of the cutters (stones) are believed to have originally belonged to the monastery of Panagia Kera.
The church proclaimed Joseph Samakidis as Saint and commemorates his death on January 22 and August 29.
The feast of the monastery acquired great reputation and, thus, many cells were built, which are now used by the pilgrims. Today the spring water is collected in a tank.