The church of Saint George (Agios Georgios) is located at the highest point of the ruined Medieval settlement of Voila, on the outskirts of Armeni village of Sitia, and very close to the imposing Venetian tower of Salamon family. The church is a two-nave church and includes the original single-aisled church of Saint George, today's south aisle, which was extended to the west and a north aisle dedicated to Saint John was added.
Apart from the impressive doorway, the main characteristic of the church is the arcosolium (burial monument) inside the church, above which there is a fresco depicting Virgin Mary and the church's founders. The founders were apparently the Venetian feudal lords of the settlement and the tower, and belonged to the Salamon family. This family is linked to the family of Dionysios Solomos, the national poet of Greece.
According to two inscriptions, the landlords were buried in 1518 and 1560, accornding to the insriptions. There is a poem also for the founders.