The church of Panagia Myrtidiotissa is located within the boundaries of the Plemeniana neighborhood in Kandanos. A short path leads to the church that starts from a small bridge next to the main road to Paleochora.
The temple is single-aisled and vaulted, like most of the Venetian period temples of the region. Its middle dome is reinforced by a sling (sfendonion). Outside the temple we see built-in marble architectural elements that belong to an early Christian building of ancient Kandanos.
Inside, frescoes are preserved in poor condition. There are scenes from the Eucharistic, Theotokos, Christological and hagiological cycles. The fresco of the donors is surrounded by myrtles which are related to the name Myrtidiotissa. There is also an engraving with the date 1450.