Among the many Byzantine churches of Kandanos area is the chapel of Saint John Baptist (Agios Ioannis), located next to the road leading from Kandanos village to Trahiniakos settlement. It is a small, single-aisled chapel with humble performance, but its inside is very rich with frescoes covering all its walls.
The eyes of the Saints are missing by the Turks, but also by the Christians that thought that these were therapeutic for illnesses. The walls were frescoed in 1328-1329, although the temple is older. The entrance is very interesting and there are tombs, a small stream with plane trees, and a dense very old olive grove around the chapel.