Church of Saint Paraskevi

Sellopoulo

Church of Agia Paraskevi at Sellopoulo
(1 Vote)

In the middle of the road that connects Kallithea to Knossos, we meet the deserted hamlet of Sellopoulo, on the bank of Keratos river, known to archaeologists due to the domed tomb found here. Below and next to the road we see the single-aisled church of Agia Paraskevi, bearing damaged frescoes dating from the Venetian era.

It is one of the few churches near the city of Heraklion that retains, even in very poor condition, its mural decoration.

Find nearby hotels

Additional Info

  • Location: Heraklion Prefecture
  • Type: Church
  • Peak Period: Venetian Era (1204 AD - 1669 AD)
  • Accessibility: Paved road

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net