Southeast of the Monastery of St. George Epanosifis, till 1671, there was the settlement of Livadia. The village was a fief of the Patriarchate of Constantinople, which was leased to various lords of the area. Two names of the leasees that have survived in time are George Dalaporta (1332) and Stephen Foscarini (1450).
Over the last few centuries of the Venetian rule in Crete (16th - 17th century), the area was a fief the family Lagouvardi, who had helped at the foundation of the monastery Epanosifis. Indeed, one of the monks, came from that family.
Lagouvardi tried to ensure their power in the region by building a tower, ruins of which still survive on a hill overlooking the abandoned village of Livadia. Today, only some traces remind of the glorious past, next to the chapel of Zoodohos Pigi.