This part of the E4 trail starts from the historical monastery of Arkadi, heads to antiquities of the ancient town Eleftherna and then concludes at the village Margarites. The highlights of the route include the monastery of Arkadi, the ancient necropolis and the Roman cisterns in Eleftherna, the Archaeological Museum of Eleftherna and the traditional houses of Margarites.
We start from Arkadi monastery, where the holocaust of 1866 took place and head to the east, following the yellow-black signs of the E4 trail. We reach ancient Eleftherna and visit the huge Roman cisterns, the tower and the necropolis of the town. We can make a small detour and visit the ancient bridge built with the ekforic system (triangular). We leave Eleftherna and head eastwards to Margarites, where we finish our course. In Margarites we should walk in the scenic alleys and watch the nice traditional houses, see the traditional ceramics, visit the temple of Agios Ioannis with the medieval frescoes and stroll in the monastery of Saint Gedeon.