Lord Christ Church at

Eleftherna

Lord Christ Church at Eleftherna
(1 Vote)

The double church of the Transfiguration of Christ and Saint Anne is located in the cemetery of the village Ancient Eleftherna. The original church of the 10th century bears frescoes of the 12th century, has a dome and was built on the ruins of an older temple of the 6th century. Later in the 16th century a second temple was added next to the first. The church was probably the Diocese of Elefterna.

Find nearby hotels

Additional Info

  • Location: Rethymnon Prefecture
  • Type: Church
  • Peak Period: Venetian Era (1204 AD - 1669 AD)
  • Accessibility: Paved road

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net