The church of Panagia in village Platania, Amari province, is located in the center of the village and is a single-room vaulted temple with a semi-cylindrical arch. It is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and celebrates on the 15th of August.
The church of Panagia Kardiotissa is located at position Livada or Arkolio, south of Fourfouras, and operated as a small nunnery. Today we see the temple devoted to Birth of the Virgin and there are some traces and from the nun cells. The interior of the church bears traces of frescoes of the 15th century, of which stand out the depictions of Saint George and the Second Coming.
The church is located at the village of Meronas and it is earliest mentioned in a notary document of 1301. The settlement was named Meronas, from the Greek verb merono (relax, cool down), as according to tradition, at this place Virgin Mary (Panagia) relaxed when the temple was built at this place.
The beautiful church of Panagia Kera by Amari village is hidden amongst olive groves. The three-aisled church of the 15th century is built on the place of a previously damaged cruciform church with a dome (13th century), which in turn is believed to have been built on the site of a Grecoroman temple of Apollo.
At the point where the camping site of Church was housed near village Meronas, in an amazing scenery with huge oak trees, there is the church of Saint Nicholas and a small spring with fresh water. The nave bears exquisite frescoes of the 16th century, with the austere style of the era. Note the female figures of St. Irene and St. Catherine, which are rarely met insite the "male-dominated" sanctuary.
The church of Panagia Mavridiani is located at position Sohora by Meronas village. It is a double aisled basilica dedicated to the Birth of Virgin Mary and Saints Constantine and Helen. The south aisle dates back from the 13th century, while the second was added in the 16th century. The walls bear some traces of frescoes, mainly dating back from the 15th century.
The Early Christian Basilica of Vizari, known locally as Rimokklisa (deserted Church) was excavated in 1956 by K. Kalokyris. It was a three-aisled basilica with dimensions 34mx17m. The temple was floored with clay plates and was built in the 6th century, rebuilt in the 7th-8th century and eventually destroyed in 824 by the Arabs.
The church of Agia Paraskevi is a dependency of Asomati monastery. It is small cruciform church with a reserved arcosolium (tomb) and only one mural surviving. The frescoes depicts Christ blessing the donors of the temple.