Church of Panagia

Arhontiko

Panagia church at Arhontiko
(1 Vote)

The cemeterial temple of the village Arhontiko at province Monofatsi is dedicated to the Assumption of Virgin Mary. While the exterior does not look interesting, the interior impresses the visitor with the Byzantine frescoes in relatively good condition.

According to an inscription, the frescoes date back from 1352 and were painted by Theodosios Galinos.

Find nearby hotels

Additional Info

  • Location: Heraklion Prefecture
  • Type: Church
  • Peak Period: Venetian Era (1204 AD - 1669 AD)
  • Accessibility: Paved road

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net