In the protected bay of Fraskia there are the ruins of the monastery Panagia Fraskia (Faschea) mentioned on almost all maps of the Venetian Era, having been one of the most important monasteries in Venetian Crete. Panagia, mentioned by Buontelmonti in 1415, was founded in the late 12th century at the point where the Venetians used as a natural harbor (the cove of Fraskia).
Today only a shrine reminds us that at this point there was once a monastery, without anyone imagining how important it was. The single-nave church was vaulted (according to Eleftherios Platakis), built mainly by phyllit stones abounding at the region. West of the church there are traces of a large domed tank and part of unknown structure (possibly a fountain). Certainly there are more architectural remains still buried.
It is not known whether the monastery was destroyed by pirate raids or during the siege of Candia (1649-1669). However, seven years after the fall of Candia, in 1676, Guilletierre mentions the ruins of a "beautiful monastery and harbor" with a spring of water at the west end of the plain.
The place still celebrates every year, when residents of Rogdia and Achlada villages come to the beach by boat.