The mansion of Modino in Rogdia village was the chateau of the feudal lords of Rogdia, Achlada and Fodele. Although it cannot be classified as a defensive tower, however, it has prevailed with the name of Tower. The tower, which belonged to George and Francesco Modino, still survives in very good condition. It is attached to the scenic old church of Panagia Rogdia.
The mansion is today owned by the Greek state and has been declared as under protection. The mansion was built in the first half of the 15th century and was also used for military purposes. In July 1830, the Cretan Council met here, led by Nikolaos Renieris, and accepted the truce offered by the Great Powers. Today, the mansion is managed by the Cultural Asscociation of Rogdia , hosting several exhibitions throughout the year.
According to Iosif Hatzidakis, in Rogdia there was a second mansion erected for Muhammad Ali of Egypt, which was standing till 1881. The Albanian commander of the Ottoman Army stayed here twice during his two visits in Crete. The villa, in the 1850s, became the property of the monastery Savvathiana. Today, only a small part of it is still visible just outside and south of the village, with its blazon embedded in a newer building and it being used as a stable.