The monastery of Panagia Deligara, Ligaria or Ligariotissa operated at the site that we meet today the church of Panagia (Our Lady) on Ligaria Beach. The monastery is mentioned in a document of 1610 as Panagia De Ligara, after the owner of the area called Ligaras.
The present church and the church yard are newer buildings, apparently built on the ruins of this monastery. Only part of an old reinforcing arch (sfendonio) is still visible inside the church.
At position Paliomylos, near the church, where small waterfalls were formed until a few years ago, the remains of a watermill were visible until the 1960s.