In Stergiano at the village Vasilies near Heraklion, there was a big tower. The tower was first mentioned in a document of 1226 and still stands in very bad condition. It could accommodate 150 people and had a fortified enclosure. It construction reveals its Venetian origins, but it was also used by the Ottomans.
During the Revolution of 1897 (April 24-25) the tower in Stergiano was used by the Turks and was part of a battle. Eventually, it was occupied by the rebels, but they could not keep it. Thus, before leaving, they set fire and totally burned it, so as the Turks could not use it any more.
Today part of the tower is used as a residence. On the east side, part of the wall survives, on which stands the northeast tower and the sloping straight section with arches. At the southern end of the wall there are ruins of a two-storey house. The wall dates back to the 16th - 17th century and the house in the middle of the 19th century.