At the position that is currently the chapel of Agio Pnevma (Holy Spirit) at the summit of Mount Vrysinas (altitude 858m) the archaeologists have identified probably the most important Minoan Peak Sanctuary of West Crete. From this point one can overlook the northern coast and the province of Agios Vasilios.
Excavations at this open-air sanctuary revealed very important findings dating back from 1900-1050 BC. Hundreds of zoomorphic and anthropomorphic clay offerings were offered by the faithful Minoans to their goddess. Among them in 2011 a red steatite seal was found engraved with the most ancient language of the Minoans, the hieroglyphic script, which is the only known sample of this script in West Crete.