A two-storey Minoan mansion was excavated at Klimataria site on the road leading from the city of Sitia to the village of Piskokefalo. The mansion came to light during the construction of the main road in 1952, which resulted in the destruction of part of the mansion. Nikolaos Platon conducted excavations immediately until 1954, while in 2003 new research was carried out by archaeologist Eleni Mantzourani.
The visitor can still see the surviving ruins of rooms, the stairs and the protective boulders that protected the palace from the Stomio torrent. The mansion was inhabited from 1700 BC to 1450 BC and belonged to a small network of villas in the hinterland of the Minoan city of Petras. It was apparently used as the agricultural center of the area, as indicated by the large number of pithi (giant jars) found, and the products were probably transported to the present-day area of Sitia via the river Stomio.