The monastery of St. Andrew was built long ago in one of the most isolated shores of the Mirabello Province, near Finokalia village. Today the old monastery does not survive, but a small church of St. Andrew has been built at the same site.
The church of St. Andrew's is built inside the rock and is surrounded by a small grove of pine trees. According to the legend, once a shepherd found the icon of Saint Andrew in the cave where the current temple is built and decided to build the church around the cave. Inside the cave, water flows from a crack and is used as holy water.
There are some cells for hermits around the temple and the steeple of the church bears the inscription "Donated by Spinalonga lepers". Nearby, there is the grave of Ioannis Lambrakis, the restorer of the church in 1850.