Saint Anthony (Agios Antonios) is the central temple of Myrtos. The temple is small, single-nave and dedicated to Saint Anthony (January 17) and the Ascension of Christ (39 days after Easter). We don’t know the exact date of its foundation, but it is surely mentioned on a map of the early 15th century and is believed to have been built before 1200.
The temple was destroyed by unknown cause during the Venetian period, while its current form was taken in 1853. The church was restored in 1950, when parts of marble columns and statues were indentified, coming probably from a previous Greco-Roman temple.