The church of Our Lady (Panagia) Faneromeni is located in Agios Ioannis, province Mylopotamo,s and was founded during the reign of Andronikos II Palaeologos (1282-1328). The temple belongs to the type of single-storey with arched roof, which was extended westward in the 16th century. To the south of the extension a burial chapel with massive sarcophagus was added.
The frescoes were painted by Theodore Daniel Veneris' workshop and represent a folk-style trend, typical of a group of temples in 1300. The iconographic program includes the usual evangelical scenes with the twelve feasts. Of particular note are the inscriptions with epigrams accompanying some representations (Transfiguration, Resurrection of Lazarus, Resurrection).