About 300m before reaching the monastery of Halepa there is the church of Saint Marina (Agia Marina), which is a small one-room and vaulted church. Inside, it preserves a mural decoration that dates back to two different phases. The first phase includes representations of standing saints and Saint Marina under an arched frame and dates back to the second half of the 13th century. The second phase includes scenes from the evangelical cycle and various saints and dates back to the middle of the 14th century.
The church has a post-Gothic gate at the entrance with the coat of arms of the Kallergis family, one of the most important noble families of the Venetian period, which suggests that the area was its own manor. This local family was so powerful that it had acquired special privileges from the Venetians, while it is characteristic that Alexios Kallergis was called Great Lord (Megalos Archon).
In the past, the monastery of Halepa first operated as a nunnery at this location, before being transferred to its current location in 1673