After following the road that leads from Mourtzana to the deserted settlement of millers, Mousses, we pass by the former Monastery of Christ. The monastery is located on the western side of the valley of the Mousses and retains the church which is built on the basis of an age-old cypress tree. The temple dates back to the Venetian and berars murals. The Monastery of Christ the Savior is deserted since 1864 and was a dependency of the Holy Sepulchre.
Here we meet another residue from ancient dendrolatric religions; according to oral tradition, when someone sick cuts a sprig of cypress he gets healed, while anyone who cuts them unnecessarily gets sick.