The archaeological site at hill Kefali of St. Anthony or Kremasma is situated next to the sea, between the beaches Avlaki and Boufos. This point offers very good view of the canyon Selinari, which was the passage to East Crete. The excavations began in 1960 by the archaeologist Kostas Davaras and continued long after by the School of Archaeology of Belgium. Today there are traces of the city walls, which flourished in 1350-1250BC, while the site is filled with broken pottery pots. Beside the sea there is a necropolis (cemetery) used in the period 2100-1800BC where many pottery findings and human bones were identified.