The church of Saint Nicholas (Agios Nikolaos) is built in a rural area northeast of the village Moni, province Selino. Its oldest eastern section was built in the architectural type of a single-storey arched temple with blind arches on the side walls. At the beginning of the 14th century, it was extended westwards in the form of a crucifix temple, after the western wall was removed. In the 19th century a bell tower was added to the northeast.
The original church was frescoed by the hagiographer Theodoros Daniel Veneris around the end of the 13th century. In the low zones we see figures of saints, among them the large-scale Saint Nicholas, while the arch hosts scenes from the Evangelical and Mariological cycle, as well as the life of Saint Nicholas. The narthex was frescoed in 1315 by the most famous hagiographer in west Crete, Ioannis Pagomenos, and includes scenes of saints and a large representation of the Second Coming.