At the site of the ancient seaside town of Lissos, west of Sougia, there are the remains of two 6th-century triple-aisle wooden-roof basilicas with a slightly protruding transverse aisle, which were discovered in 1955 by archaeologist N. Padouvas. On the ruins of the first basilica, near the Asclepieion, there is the church of Agios Kirikos, the patron of Lissos.
The second early Christian basilica is located just 50m away from Lissos beach and its sanctuary has a circular arch, from which parts are preserved. In front of the arch there is the base of the altar, while at a depth of 60cm the mosaic floor survives in relatively good condition. To the west, traces of the atrium's walls are preserved that belonged to the baptistery.
The site of the sanctuary of the early Christian basilica has been occupied, since the 14th century, by a single-nave arched temple dedicated to Panagia (Virgin Mary). The walls have embedded marble and limestone architectural parts of the Early Christian Temple and other public buildings in Lissos. There are two blind arches on each side, and the arch is supported by a supporting bow (sfendonio). The original mosaic floor of the Early Christian Basilica on the site of the church of Panagia has been destroyed.