The unknown monastery of Saint Anthony (Agios Antonios) at Akrotiri, deserted today, lies near the Monastery Gouverneto, from where a path starts. The monastic complex with the cavernous chapel of Saint Anthony was of exquisite architecture, but today endures the abandonment and is left in the hands of the shepherds who use it as a pen.
The monastery was founded in the late 16th century by monks from the nearby monastery Katholiko, who wanted to avoid potential pirate raids. It initially belonged to the monastery Katholiko, but later became a dependency of Gouverneto. The monastery stopped its operation after the destruction by the Turks on July 16, 1889.