Timios Stavros church

Loutro

Timios Stavros church and fort
(1 Vote)

Between Loutro Sfakion and the famous beach of Glyka Nera, at Perlovakia, we meet the white brushed chapel of the Holy Cross (Timios Stavros) where a big feast takes place on September 14th every year.

At the site where the chapel is built, there used to be a fortress, the ruins of which are still visible today. The construction of the fort is adapted to the intense slope of the ground and a part of it is semicircular. It has played an important role in the region, but in some battle it seems to have been completely destroyed. The koules (Turkish Fort) communicated with the forts of Sfakia and Loutro.

Find nearby hotels

Additional Info

  • Location: Chania Prefecture
  • Type: Fortress / Tower, Church
  • Peak Period: Venetian Era (1204 AD - 1669 AD)
  • Accessibility: Walking

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net