If you are a naturist, Crete is the perfect place to come! Note that officially naturism is not allowed, however it actually is!
It is a common secret here that naturists occupy the most beautiful beaches on the island! Most south beaches of the south coast can be visited by naturists, especially if they are secluded (except those near monasteries). However, the most popular are listed below:
The east part of Paleochora (Pahia Ammos beach), the east part of Sougia beach, the east and west ends of Agia Roumeli, Glyka Nera, the east part of Orthi Ammos, Kedrodasos, the east part of Plakias bay, Ammoudaki cove, Ligres, Akoumiani Gialia, east end of Agia Galini, Kommos, Red beach, Dyskos, the naturists' beach at Hersonissos, Chrissi island and most Gavdos beaches. Lastly, we could not forget the two coves, next to the unique all-naturists hotel in Crete, Agios Charalambos and Filaki.
Check the full list of nudism friendly beaches
The Decalogue of nudists
- Nude bathing is not associated with any type of sexual seeking.
- It is not a right of a particular sexual orientation group, but its everyone’s right.
- The nudity should not be associated with exhibitionism and voyeurism.
- The nude does entail eroticism, but it is not a sexual expression.
- The nude friends enjoy and share the experience of nudism as an expression of genuine physical and mental/emotional contact, and not as a sexual desire.
- Naturalism is an ideology in the sense that is determined by a system of concepts such as self esteem, naturalism, freedom of expression, exoneration, true contact, naturality.
- Nudism for many people is not limited to nature or water but can be a habit of daily life in their private place. The feeling of nude company in a house should neither be considered suspicious or incriminating situation, nor be accompanied by hints of sexuality.
- The nude friends can coexist regardless of sexual orientation, assumed that they are conscious naturalists.
- The nudity does not cancel our sex drives and does not prohibit expressing them. It can entail the erotic expression, but it must never be determined by this.
- Nudism is a beautiful way (certainly not the only one) to know and love ourselves, and to know and love and the other without masking, retouching and hypocritical features.